Monday 26 December 2011

Dealing With Baking Disasters

It is hard. Very hard.
I wanted to make cupcakes for everyone this Christmas. I got a recipe and got the ingredients out. And I don't know how and I don't know why, but I put in THREE TIMES THE AMOUNT OF BAKING SODA IN THE DOUGH!
And then, it was done for good. I tried making three batches. All of them overflowed from their tins.
I lost hope. I cried and cried and my father advised me to make a new dough. This time it came out well.
I realized only when I went out to give the cupcakes to all my neighbours that I was short of cupcakes. This is because the second time, I had used half the amount of ingredients.
My grandmother told me to try making cupcakes out of the old dough again since the effect of baking soda wears off after some time. It did. Too much. I made two batches of cupcakes and they were all sunken in.
The last time, I put all of the dough that was left and put it in a cake tin with more baking soda. Unfortunately for me, I had filled the cake tin too much. Now, my oven is filled it the half-cooked cake.
I have to go and clean it now if I don't want to get grounded. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment