Wednesday 16 November 2011

A Teacher

It was a warm sunny Saturday afternoon, around two o'clock. I was waiting for my teacher to come home and start teaching me Hindi. She was supposed to have come by now, but she wasn't home. My mother's patience battery was lowering fast. With a housewarming party approaching, my mother was already very stressed. She picked up her iPhone, went to Contacts and then to 'Y'. The only contact was my Hindi teacher's, which she dialed. I, standing right next to her, shook in my house slippers. Like animals can sense earthquakes, I could sense this hurricane.

My Hindi teacher picked up the phone. My mom asked her why she wasn't home yet through gritted teeth. I bit my nails. My Hindi teacher gave a L-O-N-G excuse. And I patiently waited for the storm to burst.


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment