Thursday 17 November 2011

What Happens Next

My teacher said "I thought I'll come over a little late. I thought she would be free!"
And it happened. The hurricane burst forth, destroying everything in its path. Unfortunately for me, I was the closest to it. It spun round and round all around me. I couldn't see clearly, and the only thing I heard was the voice of the winds swishing all around me. I tried to sing Celine Dion's 'I'm Alive' in my mind. But I was soon distracted.
When my teacher finally came, I took revenge. She was the reason for the hurricane and even if she didn't feel its full force, she would experience it slowly. I dropped my usual playful attitude and began my hostility. I could see that she sensed a change in me, but she did not ask about it. This continued for the next four classes.
I was surprised by the way she reacted to it. She wasn't ever rude to me. She was the most normal she could be. She even joked about things to bring  me back. But I had suffered, and I would make her suffer.

Then I heard a story about a girl who committed suicide because she wasn't forgiven for a mistake she made. She jumped off a cliff and ended her still young life. And I felt the most guilty I had ever felt. After all, humans are the ones that make mistakes.
Maybe I'll talk to her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment